Find us location
Notts County Sailing Club is situated near the village of Hoveringham, 12 miles East of Nottingham City Centre. There is a train station nearby (Thurgarton) and a regular bus service, about half an hour’s walk from the club.
Note: the club’s postcode NG14 7JX takes you to the correct track, from where the club is signposted.
The visitor barrier code can be obtained by ringing the clubhouse (01636 830065), it is changed regularly and displayed by the phone, otherwise park before the barrier (but don’t block any gates) and walk the last few hundred metres. The steel barrier/gates may be locked at any time.
What 3 Words – turn off to club: [downs.album.summit],
Coming from the south:
The A46 (Leicester / Newark road) is now a very good route if you are coming from the South.
Coming from the west:
- The club is to the east of Nottingham, off the A612 Nottingham – Southwell road.
- Go east from Lowdham village (on the junction of A612 with A6097) towards Thurgarton & Southwell.
- Go straight on past Gonalston and a right-hand side road signed Hoveringham, carry on for a mile or so.
- Before you reach Thurgarton village, take the next right turning, signed Industrial Area.
- Follow this winding road, called Station Road, over a level crossing until you come to a left turn signed “Sailing Club”, on a right-hand bend.
- Turn left onto the concrete then gravelled road.
- Drive through gravel/concrete works slowly.
- After about 500m, turn right through the steel gateway onto the sailing club track (you will see a Notts County Sailing Club sign on the right). 15mph speed limit on track
- There is an electric barrier further down, you need the visitors code (by ringing clubhouse if occupied) or to park up and walk (without blocking any gate access for farmers) 10mph speed limit in club grounds.
Coming from the east:
- The club is to the west of Southwell, off the A612 Southwell – Nottingham road.
- After the Village of Thurgarton, take the next left turning, signed Industrial Area.
- see above in red
The Club phone number is 01636 830065 – only answered if someone available in the clubhouse.