Organised Open Water swimming is the only swimming permitted through our affiliated group Love open water. Casual swimming is not permitted.
The club have formed a partnership with the National Open Water Coaching Association (NOWCA)
Give open water swimming a try this summer.
Love Open Water Information here
Open water swimming is available at the club (on the small lake),, the club is situated in a beautiful countryside setting in Nottingham. The Nottingham Open Water Swimming team have been running safe, fun and responsible open water swimming sessions at the lake. they have a lifeguard present and check water temperature and water quality regularly. Please note if coming from another venue you should follow the Invasive species protocol to help prevent transfer of unwanted species and change the ecosystem.
You will need to join NOWACA and book through their app which has full details of available time slots generally the times and days are as below (subject to change):
The Summer days and times are
- Monday 7.30 to 9.30am & 4.30pm to dusk
- Wednesday 7 to 9.30am & 4.30pm to dusk
- Friday 4.30pm to 7pm
- Sunday 4.30pm to dusk.
Winter days and times Oct to end of March
- Sunday Daylight to 9.30am & 3.30pm to Dusk (potentially 2pm after end Oct).
- Wednesday Daytime.
Everyone needs to book and pay through the Love Open water app which will provide the times available, and costs.
Please all users should note there is a strict 10mph speed limit in club grounds.
NCSC members interested in swimming are eligible for a discount with Love Open Water during their sessions in the small lake!
In order to take advantage of this member benefit, you will need to register a NOWCA swimmer-safety profile online via https://kscan.co/ which is £15 per year (2021). Once approved download ACTIO app onto your phone is easiest way to book (the reduced cost should automatically appear after approval by the club).
- When you login to your account online via K-Scan, you will see ‘Club Listing’ third from left in the menu ribbon.
- Select NCSC from the listing followed by ‘Apply For Membership’ and your request will be sent through to the membership secretary for approval. After approval your new swim rate will be shown on the App.
Screen grabs below